Your funding body will have advised you if you are eligible for funding for Disabled Students Allowances (DSAs). This will normally be a letter/email sent to advise that you are eligible for the DSA and will instruct you to book a needs assessment. To arrange a needs assessment, please find an assessment centre.
You will see the following information displayed for each assessment centre:
- Name of the centre
- Opening times
- Contact details
- How close the centre is to your postcode
- Waiting times for an appointment
Once you have decided which centre you wish to attend, you should contact the centre to arrange an appointment that suits you. All centres will be able to advise you of their next appointment time. Once you have agreed a convenient time, you will receive confirmation of your assessment date/time by e-mail or post.
Please note, you may wish to call more than one centre to see who can offer an appointment sooner.
You can attend any centre of your choice. However, it is imperative that you cancel any appointment you have made, if you manage to get an earlier appointment.
Your appointment confirmation from the centre will advise you of the following information -
- Date & time of appointment
- Address and directions to the centre
- Contact details should you need to call again or change your appointment time
- You will be advised to send in copies of your medical information to the centre and/or a pre assessment form this is to help the assessor gain as much knowledge about you, before you attend your needs assessment. The more information the assessor has the better your experience will be. The assessor is there to ensure you receive the best possible service.
- You will also need to provide a copy of the funding body letter agreeing to you having a needs assessment.
Note: Please send requested documentation to the centre as early as possible.